Sunday 2 May 2010

Facing south

this is reworking of a song I wrote when in a band with a few mates, which even then was a reworking of a poem I wrote when I was a student and couldn't play guitar. I suppose I really wanted to use it because of the opening line which I think is funny. It's not about looking across the Mediterranean from Gibraltar to Africa, from Texas to Mexico or from Wales to Devon. It's just a bit rude.


Facing south

She smiles when she is facing south
And her heart is all a flutter
A little death creeps from her mouth
then she gets up to close the shutters

I'm lying and I'm lying here again
In a nice warm bed that's not been made
By the same hands since I don't know when
Cos I guess by breakfast memories fade

There's a stone in my heart
And there's jam in the butter
If I said I loved you girl
It was just to mutter
Something else before
I gave away my final card
I should just walk away it's not that hard

she smiles when she is facing south
and her heart is all a flutter

http://www.myspace.com/dombailed

No comments:

Post a Comment