Monday 3 May 2010

Oh ma

Oh ma


Oh ma said the young boy
What I want to be, is a singer song writer like him on the street
The ladies will swoon
And I'll make love for free
Oh a singer songwriter's what I want to be

Well said his ma just listen to me:
You won't find the words and you'll cry in the night
You'll send them away cos their heart isn't right
You'll search for a woman who'll do you no wrong
But the one place you'll find her is inside your songs

You'll sulk like a schoolboy cos it's too hot to play
You'll moan like another cos it's raining all day
You'll howl like a dog cos you can't find a tune
And you'll sing at the lamplight and think it's the moon
Your scribbling and scratching will weaken your eyes
You'll sacrifice daylight for romantic lies
And the ladies adore you while you're on the stage
At the bar they'll ignore you and

So young singer song writer go ahead and you'll see
You dad was one too and he happened to me

No comments:

Post a Comment